Bouncing/spastic RPM/MPH

When I turn on OBD data, my reported RPM and MPH periodically will jolt to extreme readings and then flash back to normal.  Any way to calm these settings down?  

Comments

• philphil Posts: 118Member, Administrator, Moderator
    keithmcgreggor -

We recently put in a fix, available in the latest beta v.1.3.3033, that may address this problem.

We'd love to know if the latest release eliminates the issue.
    Navdy Chief Product Officer 
    I oversee software engineering, design, software QA, product management and product analytics. I've driven with Navdy almost every day since October 2016 and love learning about what people love and hate about the product. 
    Having a community of drivers who will help us continually refine the product. We release a new beta version of the mobile app and display almost every week, the comments and request you make on this site are a regular part of our internal discussions.
  • keithmcgreggorkeithmcgreggor Posts: 5Member
    That's the release I'm running.  It didn't help.  Know that the bouncing also affects the coolant temp gauge as well (noticed that this afternoon).

I am simultaneously running DashCommand and seeing the true values (that the Navdy displays) but zero bounces.

any ideas?
  • philphil Posts: 118Member, Administrator, Moderator
    Thanks for the update. We'd love to get more information to sort this problem out.

Two things:
    (1) Do you still see the problem when you're not using DashCommand? We haven't tested with an OBD splitter but it could cause noise. Reports on Amazon indicate that other OBD products have issues.
    (2) Can you help us get some information from you device? When you see erratic data, tap the Dial 4-times. You should see the LED on the front blink green once the logs are captured. Then when your stationary but with your Navdy running and your phone connected, go into Settings > Support > Contact Us and submit a support ticket with "Send Longs" as topic and, in the description "Erratic OBD Data, forward to Phil".

We'll investigate.

Navdy Chief Product Officer 
    I oversee software engineering, design, software QA, product management and product analytics. I've driven with Navdy almost every day since October 2016 and love learning about what people love and hate about the product. 
    Having a community of drivers who will help us continually refine the product. We release a new beta version of the mobile app and display almost every week, the comments and request you make on this site are a regular part of our internal discussions.
  • keithmcgreggorkeithmcgreggor Posts: 5Member
    I'll do this soon.
    Its possible that there is noise on the OBD splitter, but even if there is, the other software I have in use (DashCommand, Automatic, OC Fushion, Waylens,...) don't exhibit the bouncing that yours does.
    I'll see if there is a predictable interval to the bouncing, as well.