iOS 11 Beta 4 - Bluetooth LE issue

wanderabysswanderabyss Posts: 38Member
The new release has broken the bluetooth LE communication. Navdy connects to regular bluetooth but not LE and such device is never connected to display. 

Display: 1.3.2890
iOS client: 1.3.0 - 1590

Tagged:

Comments

• philphil Posts: 118Member, Administrator, Moderator
    There's a few trouble shooting steps at that may help.
    1. In Navdy app Glances > Toggle Disable Glances
    2. Go into iPhone Settings > Bluetooth and Forget the Display-LE connection
    3. Reboot your iPhone
    4. Turn off your car
    5. Turn on your Navdy using the power button
    6. Go into Navdy > Glances
    7. Enable Glances toggle
    You should be re-prompted to pair your device.

If that's ineffective or the problem recurs, you can forget all the Navdy Display Bluetooth connections on your phone and Factory Reset your Display and pair your device again from scratch.

Navdy Chief Product Officer 
    I oversee software engineering, design, software QA, product management and product analytics. I've driven with Navdy almost every day since October 2016 and love learning about what people love and hate about the product. 
    Having a community of drivers who will help us continually refine the product. We release a new beta version of the mobile app and display almost every week, the comments and request you make on this site are a regular part of our internal discussions.
  • ttgolfttgolf Posts: 3Member
    hi

I tried the above recommendation but it does not work.  Something changed from developer Beta 3 to Beta 4
    Yea, sorry, I missed that this was iOS 11 specific.
    We're looking at iOS 11B4 issues now. We'll hopefully have something for next week.

I oversee software engineering, design, software QA, product management and product analytics. I've driven with Navdy almost every day since October 2016 and love learning about what people love and hate about the product. 
    Having a community of drivers who will help us continually refine the product. We release a new beta version of the mobile app and display almost every week, the comments and request you make on this site are a regular part of our internal discussions.
    edited July 26
    We've got an update on this. iOS 11 Beta 4 introduced a bug with the Bluetooth (MFi/iAP system). We'll have a work around this week's beta and we've logged a bug with Apple.

Thanks!
  • ttgolfttgolf Posts: 3Member
    hi phil,

Thanks for the quick update.  Looking forward to see the new beta later this week. 
  • lphylphy Posts: 3Member
    Thanks Navdy team. Hoping to see your new beta soon!
  • wanderabysswanderabyss Posts: 38Member
    The issue has been fixed in new releases.. 
    iOS - 1.3.0-1615
    display - 1.3.2913

but only way you can get to work is, update display from another phone and then reconnect the one on iOS 11. 
    Thanks for the feedback. We're hoping the iOS 11's future betas fix the Bluetooth issue.

As a note to other users, the latest beta of the Navdy Display (v.1.3.2913) is the first and thus far only version that will work with iOS 11 beta 4. Beta 4 broke some of the Bluetooth accessory authentication. 

The earlier v. 1.2 versions of the Display also will not work with iOS 11 Beta 4.
  • lphylphy Posts: 3Member
    The workaround of updating the navdy display works but requires another phone as mentioned by wanderabyss. 
    Looks like iOS 11 Beta 6 fixed the issue. 
  • alinajetlyalinajetly Posts: 1Member

Get fixed all Bluetooth issues that we found on iPhone. Visit this thread : https://www.howtoisolve.com/ios-11-bluetooth-not-working/