Add a toggle to keep the current speed limit always on the screen.

warwagonwarwagon Posts: 35Member

It's great that Navdy tells you what the current speed limit is but it only tells you when you go over the speed limit. I would love it if you gave the user an option to keep the "Current speed limit" always on the screen.

33 votes

In Progress · Last Updated

Comments

• dktenordktenor Posts: 2Member

In map mode the speed limit is not shown. I'd like to see it always displayed.

• BillCherryBillCherry Posts: 20Member
    Amen. Should be there ALL THE TIME.
    So, if there all the time; then a toggle is not needed.
  • warwagonwarwagon Posts: 35Member
    edited April 18

I think a toggle is still needed. Whenever a feature is added I Think a toggle to turn it on or off should also be added. That just makes everyone happy. While I DO want the speed limit displayed ALL THE TIME.. others might not want that.

warwagon said:

WarWagon Said:
    I think a toggle is still needed. Whenever a feature is added I Think a toggle to turn it on or off should also be added. That just makes everyone happy. While I DO want the speed limit displayed ALL THE TIME.. others might not want that.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mind a toggle, as long as I can always set mine to show speed limit always, in both Dash & Map modes.
    In the 'new ideas list', there are several items related to vehicle speed and speed limits, colors, etc. Only this 'idea' is shown as in progress. Would it be possible to lump all of the speed, speed limit, Dash & map items, into one, so as to kill all the birds with one stone?

• warwagonwarwagon Posts: 35Member
    edited May 9
    So I see they added this feature... in what I would like to call "Sort of". The speed limit is already listed below the speedometer on the dash. I really don't want to have to use up one of the spots on the left or the right, just to always show something which is already being displayed in the middle of the screen. All you have to do is create an option to always shows the current speed (when available) right below the speedometer.
    The way they were showing the speed limit before was too small (small text below speedometer), plus it would only show up when you exceeded the speed limit & not before. Also since the color change was applied to the small text, it was not easily seen using peripheral vision. The way they have done it in the latest release is much better, although not the way I would have done it. Speed limit is there ahead of time, when known, and the color change indication is significant enough to be seem in your peripheral vision, while keeping your eyes on the traffic. Much better but not perfect.
  • tonyamblertonyambler Posts: 4Member
    Good to see speed limit always displayed in 'dash' mode - but would like it to be always displayed in 'map' mode and not just when the limit is exceeded.
    There have been several 'ideas' posted related to speed, speed limits, colors to highlight, etc. Only one has been marked as completed & closed and that one is a ways down this list. This one is still shown as in progress, so it might be that a 'toggle' is still in progress. I don't know why they don't lump all the speed limits issues into one and do them together.

I would like to make one more comment. This notion of speed limit NOT shown until you reach or exceed it does NOT make sense to me. That's like driving down a road wondering what the speed limit is, with no signs anywhere. Then as you reach this hidden limit,  spring loaded speed limit signs pop up beside the road to let you know you just broke the speed limit. Nah! Most people want to know ahead of time, NOT after the fact and that is the way Navdy should work. Add the toggle for drivers who simply don't care.
    I finally took the time to look around the last firmware release and saw the speed limit sign available s a hash option. NICE, easy to see and having the color change (warning) applied to the speed bar graph makes it easy to notice it when you exceed limit. Thumbs up!
  • coopcoop Posts: 2Member
    The current beta functionality where the dash view has the option to have either the left or right scroll be the speed limit or "speed limit data not available" is perfect. As tonyambler said, there needs to be some way to tell whether or not the speed limit is known in map view. This could be accomplished by always displaying the limit when known, or by coloring the speed of the vehicle differently when the speed is known vs. unknown (e.g. vehicle speed could be yellow when the speed limit is not known at a given location).