Add Waze to Navdy

NotJohnStamosNotJohnStamos Posts: 2Member

I'd love to see some of the Waze functionality in Navdy, like letting me know a speed camera or police officer is ahead.

78 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• @NotJohnStamos

Since launch, many Navdy owners have asked about and requested an integration with Waze. We would like to inform you that we have applied to the Waze Transport SDK beta program. Unfortunately we were not accepted into the program. Waze has informed us that the program is currently in closed beta and they are opening up to the public slowly. Navdy is eager to provide support for Waze when the capability is available to us. We will be sure to keep you in the loop with any updates.

• alfarmeralfarmer Posts: 0Member

Take advantage of the new platform you have created, and allow the best apps to use the screen and give your users more choices.
    Reinventing the wheel will cost more than adoption of the existing best wheels out there and Waze has it.

• rickwestcottrickwestcott Posts: 1Member

First, I really like Navdy and I don't intend this to be critical. I recently rented a car on a trip and missed my Navdy. But, I do think integrating Waze would be an improvement.

• Hi @alfarmer and @rickwestcott Thanks for the comments. I'm going to merge this into our active Idea about adding Waze integration. We have an updated status there from the team here that is worth checking out as an fyi.

• ronlawsonronlawson Posts: 2Member

Waze has a lot of cool features. The real time road conditions, (including police, debris and etcetera), is valuable. Would be helpful to include into Navdy.

• NavMDNavMD Posts: 2Member
    I have been using Waze for several years. I hope they open up their beta program to Navdy soon. I would love to save my phone's battery by utilizing Navdy alone.
  • benhwabenhwa Posts: 1Member
    edited March 23
    I'm in agreement with everyone here. I drive with my Waze on the dash right next to Navdy. The integration of this would be a gigantic step. I hope sometime in the near future, Waze will allow Navdy to integrate the two applications. 
  • SamISamI Posts: 1Member
    Just adding another vote of support to add Waze. Probably the single biggest addition you could make to improve its usability.
  • ollaolla Posts: 1Member
    Yes to Waze. 
  • hazmatthazmatt Posts: 85Member
    I hadn't used Waze for a while (I think it was on my BB Storm, so ancient history as far as mobile phones go), but I installed it last night on my Galaxy S6.  Much improved!  I agree, the ability to use the Dial and Display to report traffic/wrecks/etc. would be  very helpful.
  • hazehaze Posts: 3Member
    Currently, I drive with Navdy and have waze on alert notifications. That way, I get alerts on police, hazards, debris. Yes, it would be nice to have the hazards/police notification within navdy. 
  • ggaltggalt Posts: 2Member
    Another upvote for Waze integration!  At a minimum, it would be great to get the next routing direction (e.g., Turn left 2.2 miles) and the alerts.  I usually use the Dash rather than the map, as I find it more informative, but having the text instruction for the next turn would be great (yes, I know that Navdy does this currently in Dash if you are using Navdy to navigate, but I already use Waze for that as I find it better at updating to current traffic).
  • NickANickA Posts: 43Member
    +1.  Waze is considerably better than Here at navigation, re-routing in traffic, and ETA (not to mention alerts for "safety" cameras etc)
  • imjcmrimjcmr Posts: 3Member
    Another +1 for Waze integration!
  • adwarakiadwaraki Posts: 2Member
    Oh, a definite +1 or more than that. :)
  • AdamAdam Posts: 164Administrator, Moderator, Community Manager
    Keep the votes and feedback coming. Just a friendly reminder that since launch, many Navdy owners have asked about and requested an integration with Waze. We would like to inform you that we have applied to the Waze Transport SDK beta program. Unfortunately we were not accepted into the program. Waze has informed us that the program is currently in closed beta and they are opening up to the public slowly. Navdy is eager to provide support for Waze when the capability is available to us. We will be sure to keep you in the loop with any updates.
  • thejuicethejuice Posts: 4Member
    +1
  • FengFeng Posts: 1Member
    Hope Waze come soon
    Let's be clear here.  The crowdsourcing of information on waze is leaps and bounds ahead of what available on google maps.  Hazards, accidents and police sightings (not just speed traps, but visible patrol cars by the side of the road conducting traffic stops) make the road safer for everyone.   If this software is integrated into the Navdy, it's a revolutionary product.  Otherwise, it's a step in the right direction for vehicle HUDs.  
  • hazmatthazmatt Posts: 85Member
    Well, Google DID buy Waze back in 2013, so my hope is they start integrating its functionality into Google's own Navigation product.
  • johnkatsoudasjohnkatsoudas Posts: 5Member
    Another vote for Waze integration.  I find the HERE routings and real-time traffic to be abysmally bad.  Some of the routes that the Navdy has suggested are downright bizarre.  It's a shame to have such a nice HUD display, and still have to have my iPhone in cradle on the dash running Waze.
  • ripplingrippling Posts: 20Member
    Def.  Another waze vote.  I am running waze along side navdy just now.  However this isn't what I had in mind after spending £600 on Navdy to have to run a free program next to it....
    I don't know how navdy software works but it would have been fantastic to have waze on the display!!
    Wow a waze on HUD that would be killer
  • holyjeongholyjeong Posts: 24Member
    edited May 25
    I have not been able to navigate here and Google maps in Korea. It would be great if the service would support it. How good it is not only in Korea but also in countries where here map and Google map are not supported. Please apply if waze will provide sdk to navdy in the future. If applied, your navdy sales volume will go up tremendously.
  • Cap10AldenCap10Alden Posts: 1Member
    +1 for Waze. Spending all  this money only to have to still use my phones GPS and a free app is disheartening. Navdy is a killer device, that is in need of a worthy mapping software.

• rideontimerideontime Posts: 33Member
    If Waze is still in closed beta, why can't Navdy add Google Maps instead?

The APIs for integration are ready.
  • SkeeSkee Posts: 1Member
    Another vote for Waze integration.  I find the HERE routings and real-time traffic to be abysmally bad.  Some of the routes that the Navdy has suggested are downright bizarre.  It's a shame to have such a nice HUD display, and still have to have my iPhone in cradle on the dash running Waze.
    Agreed 100%.

If we have to wait for Waze, can we not get Google Maps or something else in the meantime?
  • QuetschwalzeQuetschwalze Posts: 5Member
    +1 for Waze
    HERE often puts me on strange / longer routes.
  • dejavu73dejavu73 Posts: 2Member
    Agreed 100%.
    +1 for Waze
  • ronbo228ronbo228 Posts: 6Member
    Yes yes yes to waze, and it looks like the program is now open for all to apply
  • belobelo Posts: 4Member
    Navdy does me some strange routing on occasion!!  You have MY vote for WAZE integration!!!  Please!
  • QuetschwalzeQuetschwalze Posts: 5Member
    How is that application to the Waze SDK program coming along? Any updates you can share?
  • sobotsobot Posts: 11Member
    If program is open you can start applying 
    Navdy, can we have a status update please and a timeline.

Waze is no longer in closed beta.

Integrating Waze with Navdy is by far the most sought after enhancement.
  • AngelCAngelC Posts: 4Member

I second that request. 
  • gapiszongapiszon Posts: 1Member
    AngelC said:

I second that request. 
    +1 for the status update. Actually waiting for the feature to buy Navdy.
    I haven't seen the administrator responding to any threads for a few weeks already.

Is navdy still in business?
  • polymathppolymathp Posts: 3Member
    + 1 for Waze, integration.
    Looking forward to an update
  • tmeecetmeece Posts: 1Member
    Any updates on this?  I am waiting to buy Navdy until it works with Waze.
  • NavMDNavMD Posts: 2Member
    I'm also looking forward to a positive update on this issue which, judging by the number of posts, is important to current Navdy users as well as those considering a significant investment.
  • AdamNajakAdamNajak Posts: 2Member
    Really disappointed that Navdy doesn't already support Waze as originally promised when purchasing 
  • stharrisstharris Posts: 1Member
    AngelC said:

I second that request. 
    I third it
    edited August 8
    They promised at the beginnig and now they even not respond to messages on community :(

And now they've released an update with redlight cameras - but no Waze integration.  Hey NAVDY!!!  WHAT'S UP WITH THE WAZE INTEGRATION?
    I feel cheated by the misleading statement that Navdy is "Powered by Google Maps" when its underlying technology neither Waze, nor Google Maps, but HERE.

• francapelfrancapel Posts: 3Member
    When navdy owners ask they self what we do wrong? After navdy disappear from market this post is the answer.

Navdy without Spotify and Waze integration is useless.

And navdy. Another point! A cheap eml Bluetooth interface odbc show a huge information! Navdy only get RPM and fuel.

• andrewjkmandrewjkm Posts: 45Member
    I don't agree that a Navdy is "useless" without Spotify and Waze integration. Nor does Navdy "only get RPM and fuel" information. I get a great deal more than that.
  • GregFayGregFay Posts: 2Member
     Our continued frustration,  comes from our ongoing expectation that Waze will be integrated into Navdy.    The  broken promise of being "kept in the loop" adds  to our frustration.   We all have made a significant monetary investment into a product that could be great.    Without Waze or a similar featured product, we are forced to use two devices as we travel..  not what we bargained for...   
  • andrewjkmandrewjkm Posts: 45Member
    @GregFay - I'm not sure why you would need to have two devices while you travel. I find the Navdy information more than adequate. Could this be a case of unrealistic expectations from the device?
    @andrewjkm I'm also using two devices, Navdy and Waze or Google maps on iPhone, why? Because here maps traffic is inaccurate and I get into traffic when I used only navdy and Waze also get notification about police, speed cameras etc. 
    I like navdy and I recommend my friends but I'm disappointed that it doesn't have integration with Waze or Google maps as promised on the beginning and now this thread on community is forgotten by navdy :(